Nikon Announces New Splash Proof Coolpix S2
Nikon Inc. today announced the introduction of the new Nikon Coolpix S2 ultra-slim digital camera(http://www.nikondigital.com) as a complement to the Coolpix S1, already available nationwide. The Coolpix S2 is a splash-proof 5.1 megapixel, ultra-slim digital camera with a full range of exclusive in-camera solutions. Coupled with its incredible, bright 2.5″ LCD screen, the durable and capable Coolpix S2 will please consumers who require compact size, splash-proof protection and the ability to quickly and easily capture top-quality images in a number of shooting situations.
The Coolpix S2 benefits from Nikon’s Exclusive Feature System made available through its Coolpix line of products and even incorporates a 16th Scene Mode — Voice Recording Scene Mode — to its arsenal of on-board technology. These features include Nikon’s exclusive Face Priority Auto Focus, which ensures that faces remain in focus when shooting portraits by automatically sensing the presence of a human face within the frame and setting accurate focus points accordingly. The result is a sharp portrait with the press of a button. The S2 also boasts Nikon’s renowned In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ technology, which detects and corrects red eyes in most typical situations without the need to press buttons or select and highlight the eyes in playback. The D-Lighting feature can be selected in Playback mode – automatically compensating for insufficient flash or excessive back lighting in order to obtain balanced exposure throughout the frame.
More Features in a Sleek, Splash-Proof Design
- 5.1 effective megapixels
- 3x Zoom-Nikkor ED Glass lens with a focal range equivalent to that of a 35-105mm lens in 35mm format
- Compact dimensions of (W x H x D – 3.6 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches)
- Light weight of approx 4.9 oz. (without battery and memory card)
- COOLSTATION MV-12 cradle included for easy downloading of images and recharging the battery in the camera
- AF-assist illuminator can be switched on and off
- 256-segment Matrix Metering with Center-weighted, Spot, or Spot AF metering
- 7 manual white balance settings and White Balance Bracketing
- Direct printing with PictBridge compatibility
- 4 of the 16 Scene Modes offer Scene Assist (Portrait, Night Portrait, Sports, Landscape)
- World Time function allows local time to be set easily anywhere
- USB compatibility enables swift transfer of image data to computers
- Voice memo function records up to 20 seconds of sound that can then be attached to an image
- 4x digital zoom capability
- Choice of Single AF and Continuous AF
- Options for playback: Single, 4- and 9-segment thumbnail, Slideshow, 10x magnification
- Built-in Speedlight: features settings for Auto, Red-eye Reduction by pre-flash, Anytime flash, Flash cancel and Slow sync.
The Nikon Coolpix S2 will be available this spring at select retailers nationwide, at an MSRP of $449.95. For a detailed listing of product specifications and a description of Nikon exclusive technology, please visit http://www.nikondigital.com.
About Nikon Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Inc. distributes the Nikon Total Imaging System of consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, Nikkor optics, Speedlights and System Accessories; Nikon Coolpix® compact digital cameras; Coolscan® digital film scanners; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics. At the heart of every Nikon camera is Nikon’s Exclusive Feature System, making it easy for anyone to take amazing digital pictures. Through the Nikon Spirit Initiative™, the company, plays an active role in supporting aspiring and advanced photographers through a variety of philanthropic organizations, educational programs, events and workshops. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit http://www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers to the web’s most comprehensive photo learning and sharing communities.
- Posted at May 23rd, 2005 07:00pm
- Posted by Tommy Maloney
- Filed under News
- No Comments have been made