New Slim Urban Friendly Camera Backpacks
In an effort to make urban photographers feel more comfortable in crowded situations, Think Tank Photo went and slimmed down some camera backpacks so you can feel a bit less conspicuous. These new StreetWalker backpacks come in three different flavors for now; The Streetwalker, Streetwalker Pro and The Streetwalker HardDrive, which provides room for a 15″ laptop. These bags provide a massive amount of storage and utility, all while keeping your pricey camera goodies safe. Check out the full press release after the jump.
Think Tank Photo has launched a new design in photo backpacks, the StreetWalker™ series. With the three new backpacks’ slim vertical profile, photographers can navigate crowded places and public transportation while still being able to access professional photographic equipment. This solves a significant problem experienced by photographers shooting in urban and other crowded environments: getting the shot in spaces that allow little room for navigating. Their unique unisex design makes them useful for both men and women photographers.
A common complaint of female photographers is that photo backpack shoulder harnesses are designed for average-sized men. The shoulder straps on the StreetWalker have been specifically engineered to fit a wider range of sizes for both genders. Women in particular will appreciate the StreetWalker’s very narrow and vertical profile, especially when combined with the shoulder harness design.
The three new StreetWalker backpacks are:
• StreetWalker — This slim, lightweight backpack will hold a Pro Size DSLR with 70-200 2.8 attached and hood in position. It includes a monopod/tripod mounting system, a contoured harness and air channel for increased comfort, and lots of pockets and organizers for customization.
• StreetWalker Pro — This backpack is designed for a Pro Size DSLR with up to a 400 2.8 attached, or a 70-200 2.8 attached and hood in position. It also includes the monopod/tripod mounting system, the contoured harness and air channel, and lots of pockets and organizers.
• StreetWalker HardDrive — This backpack will hold most 15” laptops and a Pro Size DSLR with 70-200 2.8 attached and hood in position. It also includes the monopod/tripod mounting system, the contoured harness and air channel, and lots of pockets and organizers.
The StreetWalker backpacks were designed by veteran camera bag designer Lily Fisher.
“First and foremost these lightweight backpacks give photographers quick access to their gear while allowing them to maneuver easily through crowds,” said Fisher. “Additional benefits are the slim profile and adjustable sternum straps. These backpacks also offer a unique benefit to women photographers, which is that the shoulder harness has been designed to fit our unique body types.”
Internal Dimensions: 8.5” W x 16” H x 5.5” D (22 x 41 x 14 cm)
External Dimensions: 9.5” W x 17” H x 6” D (24 x 43 x 15 cm)
Weight: 2 lbs – 2.8 lbs (0.9kg – 1.3 kg) (Varies based on accessories used)
Internal Dimensions: 9.5” W x 16.5” H x 7” D (24 x 42 18 cm)
External Dimensions: 10” W x 17.5” H x 7.5” D (25 x 45 x 19 cm)
Weight: 2.6 lbs – 3.4 lbs (1.2kg – 1.5kg) (Varies based on accessories used)
Internal Dimensions: 11” W x 17” H x 6-7” D (28 x 43 x 15-18 cm)
External Dimensions: 11.5” W x 18” H x 8.5” D (29 x 46 x 22 cm)
Weight: 3.6 lbs – 4.4 lbs (1.6kg – 2kg) (Varies based on accessories used)
- Posted at December 5th, 2008 02:15pm
- Posted by Tommy Maloney
- Filed under News
- Tagged with backpack, bag, camera, Photography
- 1 Comment have been made
- Canon XSi unboxing
- Make Your Amateur Photos More Professional
- Another Cheap DIY Flash Diffuser
- Official Presidential Photo Shot with Canon 5D Mark II
- Not the Kind of Camera Flash You Want