Boris Graffiti Version 4.0 Now Available
Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Graffiti 4.0 is now available. Boris Graffiti is a plug-in that provides integrated broadcast-quality 2D and 3D titling features directly inside nonlinear editing systems. Animate 2D and 3D titles over your timeline video without importing and exporting. Easily create sophisticated extruded text and shapes with bump maps, reflections and textures as well as animatable 2D and 3D charts. Advanced options include jitter, randomization, text on a path and type-on animation. “Graffiti users will be thrilled with the new features and many optimizations,” says Boris FX founder and president Boris Yamnitsky. “With render speeds increased by an average of 75 percent on Macintosh and 25 percent on Windows, Version 4.0 satisfies the highest expectations for streamlined workflow. Graffiti puts the most innovative, user-friendly titling tools in the industry at your fingertips.”
Additional host support includes Canopus Edius Pro 3, Media 100 HD and Pinnacle Liquid Edition as well as additional hardware support. The latest version of Media 100 sw will include a timeout version of Boris Graffiti.
The following improvements have been added to Graffiti Version 4.0:
- Multiple optimizations provide an average of 75 percent rendering speed improvement on Macintosh systems and 25 percent on Windows systems.
- A new Template Mode lets you create effects directly in the Library Browser.
- New filters have been added, including Displacement Map, Spiral Blur and Burnt Film.
- Create animated 2D and 3D charts from imported spreadsheet or user input data. This new feature was taken from the award-winning Boris Red.
- The Library Browser includes 100 additional customizable presets to streamline title creation. Additional presets will soon be available for download.
- Support for Canopus Edius Pro 3, Media 100 HD and Pinnacle Liquid Edition systems.
- Video out from the standalone KeyFramer for Avid systems with supported Adrenaline and Mojo hardware.
- Better integration with Sony Pictures Digital Vegas Video and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- A new preference lets you customize the colors of the interface.
- Projects and settings remain fully compatible with the Version 3.0 and 3.0.1 releases.
- Reduced installer size for faster download and installation. The installer on both platforms has been localized into several languages.
- Support for parameter name translations into several languages via an XML dictionary.
You apply Graffiti directly to clips in your host NLE timeline, then open a custom user interface where you create your titles. This architecture allows Graffiti to appear and behaves the same across different platforms and in each of the more than 20 supported NLEs, including Apple Final Cut Pro HD, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Avid systems. Graffiti’s feature set includes sophisticated vector paint and shapes that can be animated and extruded, support for third-party After Effects filters, animatable gradients and procedurally generated natural media, as well as more than 25 filters. In addition to the expansive Library Browser, users can directly type and edit text over the video background for easy application.
Pricing and Availability
Graffiti is available through the BorisFX worldwide reseller channel, direct through BorisFX or on our online store. Upgrades from earlier versions of Graffiti are $149 US or upgrade to both Graffiti 4.0 and FX 8.0 for $299 US. The suggested retail price for new purchases of Graffiti is $595 US. Users of Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro and Canopus Edius Pro can purchase Boris Graffiti for $249 US. A standalone Graffiti LTD is bundled with Sony Pictures Digital Vegas Video; an integrated Graffiti LTD is bundled with Avid Xpress Pro. Graffiti LTD users can upgrade to the integrated full version for $149 to add 3D text and advanced titling features. Owners of Graffiti and Calligraphy can upgrade to Red for $999 US. For details, visit www.borisfx.com or email [email protected] . Try and Buy versions of all Boris solutions can be downloaded at www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995 in Boston MA, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries. Since the company’s inception, Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. A great part of its success lies in the ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers including Adobe®, Apple®, Avid®, Canopus®, Discreet®, DPS®, eyeon®, in-sync®, Incite®, Leitch®, Matrox®, Media 100®, Pinnacle®, Quantel®, Sony Pictures Digital®, and Ulead®. For more information visit www.borisfx.com.
- Posted at May 6th, 2005 07:00pm
- Posted by Tommy Maloney
- Filed under News
- No Comments have been made